This is a non-stipendiary research fellowship in any branch of the arts or sciences related to Greece, intended to enable a senior scholar to spend a period of approximately three months at the School. Traditionally the award has been taken up between January and March, but a period in the first semester of the academic year will also be considered.
The Visiting Fellow is expected to conduct a programme of his/her own research, give a public lecture at the School and, if possible, lead an informal seminar. He/she should also be willing to concern himself/herself with the current students and their work.
The Fellow is offered free accommodation in the Visiting Fellow's flat in the Hostel and accommodation is also offered to accompanying spouses/partners at a reduced rate. Regrettably, children cannot be accommodated in the Hostel. The School will pay one return airfare UK-Athens. The Fellow is requested to submit a report on his/her research to the School's Council.
Applicants should submit a covering letter, a Curriculum Vitae and a statement of their proposed programme of research in Greece.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to:
- Wilde, Ralph (University College London) 16/17
- Villing, Alexandra (British Museum) 15/16
- Braund, David (University of Exeter) 14/15
- Spawforth, Anthony (University of Newcastle) 13/14
- Holland, Robert (Institute of Commonwealth Studies) 12/13
- Oliver, Graham (University of Liverpool) 11/12
- Beaton, Roderick (King's College London) 10/11
- Mee, Christopher (Liverpool University) 09/10
- Goalen, Martin (Academy Projects) 97/98